LEVEZ L'ENCRE : Ateliers d'écriture réservés aux lycéens et +
Welcome Aboard !
Veuillez vous connecter afin de pouvoir embarquer.

LEVEZ L'ENCRE : Ateliers d'écriture réservés aux lycéens et +

AccueilFAQRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

I feel at a loss.

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: I feel at a loss.   Lun 20 Fév - 22:06

I grabbed his arm so tight that he started to cry. I stopped for a minute and whipped his tears, and then i kissed his little cheeks, blushed by the cold wind. He raised his head to look me in the eyes and said with his little voice :
"- I'm hungry Jess'.
-And so Mickey? What do you want me to do? I've got nothing! No money, nothing to eat, nothing to drink. I don't even know where we are going.
-Why did mummy kick us out of home? Have we been naughty?"
I felt the tears coming in the corner of my eyes. What could I tell him? He was so young, so innocent, he wouldn't understand that our "mummy" prefered her bottle of whiskey than her childs. So I lied.
"-She's tired Mickey, she's very tired. But we're gonna be alright, don't worry! You want to eat? Well, I'll find something for you to eat.
-And you Jess'?"
I thought about the 3 biscuits I had eaten in the morning, 7 hours ago.
"I'm not hungry."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Julie
Commandant de Bord

Birthday : 30/07/1995
Où suis-je ? : Au Déf les racines

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 22 Fév - 19:22

I was so nervous that I didn't find anything else to say, trying not to show my ten-years-old brother I felt both exhausted and uncomfortable. I kept walking slowly in the desert streets, holding Mickey's hand without talking, a bitter taste in my mouth, my restless heart beating like a drums army. It was a dark evening of November, and the lights started to flare up everywhere around us.

What was going to happen? I was old now, I had broad shoulders and I didn't think being stupid. Maybe I would easily find a job downtown. I had to get some money. I knew I couldn't count on anyone now. Mickey's father had left the house just after he'd learnt my mother was pregnant, and I'd never known mine. Nobody cared about us.

I suddenly noticed we had reached the Thames' banks. My brother stared at me, smiling.

Dernière édition par Julie le Ven 24 Fév - 12:29, édité 1 fois
http://encoreenvadrouille.wordpress.com
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Jeu 23 Fév - 13:46

We'd come here for the first time 2 years ago, with our mother. It was a period « without ». Without alcohol, without men... and without job. But for her, London was a sort of « El Dorado » and everything would be alright. She had made exactly the same promises as I did. And neither me or her knew, when you made it, if we would be able to fulfil it. I didn't even know where we would sleep. But for the moment, all the matter was that Mickey was smiling again. I don't know if he remembered very well all the good time we had spent here, all the good time before the storm and my mother's decay. He kept his eyes open wide and he couldn't talk anymore. I would bet that he was calling the memories. Trying to ring a bell. And it happened all of a sudden, when he saw the merry-go-round. The soft music made him close his eyes, like mum taught us, to enjoy every single musical note. I knew them by heart, it was like a happiness anthem.

Dernière édition par Speechless le Jeu 23 Fév - 21:41, édité 1 fois
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Jeu 23 Fév - 21:11

"Jess, where are we going now?". I turned towards my brother, still dreaming silently.
"Dunno", I whispered.
I kneeled down and breathed in. "Listen, Mickey... You're old now, enough to be aware of our predicament. I have to earn some money, some money that will allow us to eat and find a place where we could live. You understand?" He nodded calmly.

I hadn't forgotten how much he was starving. I searched in my pocket, hoping I would feel the cold contact of a metal coin. I frowned. I'd have to do it again. It wasn't the first time, but I hadn't stolen for a very long time.
"Wait a second", I said. "Please stay here ok?".
I left my brother, worried and grave. A few minutes later, I was there again, proudly brandishing a large pastry biscuit, grining from ear to ear.

Dernière édition par Julie le Ven 24 Fév - 12:29, édité 2 fois
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Ven 24 Fév - 11:41

But inside, I couldn't help my self from thinking that this sort of thing would lead us nowhere. I didn't want Mickey to steal or to beg in the streets for a piece of bread. We were out of cash but I couldn't resolve to lose the bit of dignity I had left. But, what else could I do ? Let my brother die of stravation like a child from a Third World country ? We had no way out. Without money, every doors were closed even before we try to open them. While I was lost in my thoughts, my brother was enjoying every single crumb of his pastry biscuit :
« -Yum, yum ! Jess', this is de-li-cious ! Could I have an other one ? »
I sighed and rolled my eyes :
« -Mickey, I'm serious when I'm saying that we actually are in trouble. You get it ? So no, you can't have biscuits anymore, and maybe you won't eat before tomorrow so I hope that you enjoyed this one ! »
My voice was a bit more aggressive than what I had planned. I saw my brother's face distort so I held his hand and said in a whisper :
« -I'm so sorry Mickey, so, so sorry... »
The tiredness took my last strength and I broke down in tears, my brother cuddled in my neck. We were one, against the huge and hostile city of London.
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Ven 24 Fév - 18:07

I quickly tried to pull myself together though. I had to dry my tears and to act like a grow woman, right now. Had to stop walking aimlessly like that. Ok. I looked around us, searching for something to do.
"Jess?" my brother asked timidly. I waited. "If you're looking for a job, shouldn't we work in a restaurant? You're a good cook..." I smiled. Perhaps he was right. Those last days, I had to get dinner ready, as mummy didn't fit state to do anything. "It's a sensible idea, isn't it?
- I... guess so, Mickey. We must try it. We must... find a nice place."

Je propose qu'elle cherche un boulot quelque part dans la ville, puis qu'on trouve un endroit dans le récit où faire une ellipse et entamer le chapitre suivant, où elle sera par exemple serveuse dans un bar, ou autre. Tu vois, pas forcément tout raconter d'un coup, mais passer quelque temps, histoire d'éviter le long récit des pauvres orphelins paumés dans la ville pour plus vite passer à des personnes qui prennent leur vie en main... ou alors qui se retrouvent dans une bande de dealers à s'attaquer entre gangs, à toi de voir ^^ Ça t'irait ou pas ? Il faut lui trouver un but à cette Jess ! (c'est pour ça que je me demande ce qui va advenir d'elle dès maintenant pour introduire une action "efficace")

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Ven 24 Fév - 20:14

Si, on commence à tourner en rond, tu as raison ^^ Mais je pense qu'on peut faire une première ellipse dès maintenant, passer au lendemain

When I woke up, my whole body was completly numb. I was also a bit peckish. We had finally found a place, rather nice, in a youth hostel. It smelt beer and urine but the guy at the reception desk, a hippy quite stoned, hadn't made any comments about our ages, a luck.

Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Sam 25 Fév - 15:22

Ah ouais, et elle fait un petit récapitulatif des conclusions de la veille. Mais détail technique : même une auberge de jeunesse, faut payer non ?

We had fallen asleep with an empty stomach, and now I wasn't tired anymore, it was urgent to find something to eat. My bed - a thin spring mattress with a rough blanket - was quite uncomfortable, but it was better than sleeping under a bridge or outside the door of an old building. I got up and looked around me: Mickey had opened his eyes. He seemed to be in great shape. We had a shower, and I couldn't help thinking about the next time we would take one.

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Dim 26 Fév - 13:22

A vrai dire, j'en ai aucune idée mais on va dire que oui ;D

Last night, we had spent several hours wandering in the streets, in search of a place to sleep, when we had located a group of young people who seemed as lost as we did. I'd decided to follow them and we'd arrived at the youth hostel. The hippy was so high that he hadn't noticed us among the others young people ,drunk themselves, who were shouting how much they had missed the reception guy. We had squeezed to an empty room who seemed deserted and, after a few minutes of expectation to be booted out, we had fallen asleep, snuggled up the one against the other. The hardest part was now to get out of here, without being detected because we couldn't afford a room. Well, basically, we couldn't afford anything. I was about to have a shower, among the rust and the grime, when the door suddenly opened and someone walked into the room. I was half-naked and petrified but my brother had a big smile on his face. I risked a look towards the person. It was an old woman, she was wearing a red bun from which little locks of grey hair were escaping and she was holding a tray full of delicious things like toasts with jam, cereals, hot chocolate and fruts. The sight of this perfect breakfast made my mouth water but I was still wondering how did she get to know that we were here ? It was going to make things way more complicated.
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mar 6 Mar - 19:10

It was obvious we weren’t going to leave the place without being seen. I looked at Mickey, worried. He was still eating a chocolate chip cookie with a delighted smile. I felt my heart beating. "Mickey, come here", I said. I thunk the old woman, who stayed here to clean the room, and we went out.
The guy was still waiting in the hall, behind the desk. I told my brother he shouldn’t make any noise, and we walked quickly. I was trying to seem determined, and we were about to reach the door when the guy shout with his deep voice : "Hey you!". I closed my eyes, terrified. "Did you, er - sleep well?
- Yeah, thank you". Silence. "Goodbye?..." I tried.
"Yeah, see you guys", he answered.
I opened the door, and a few minutes later we were in the street. Free. I couldn’t believe it. The reception man was probably too tired to notice anything. We were lucky.

Et oui !! J'ai répondu !!! Au fait, je vais envoyer un mail à ma prof d'anglais <3 pour qu'elle me donne des contacts anglophones qui pourraient venir corriger tout ça de temps en temps. Ça te dit ?

Fred
Commandant de Bord

Birthday : 22/10/1998
Où suis-je ? : (...) là.

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mar 6 Mar - 19:13

Comme Julie m'a dit de faire : "Je réserve"

Des visas à vie pour des paysages sans vis-à-vis
Fred
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 7 Mar - 17:38

Measuring the street, Mickey's hand in mine, I remembered myself his suggestion: "Looking for a job". It was real, I was a rather good cooking, indeed, but who would like to employ a young teenager like me? Maybe a the boss of a poor bar. Finally, I preferred I could feed Mickey by working in the worst conditions, that to let us starve. (Oulah. Trop complexe, les anglais ont souvent l'esprit de synthèse et la phrase est bizarre ! Je proposerais plutôt : I would prefer feeding Mickey by working... than letting us starve). On this reflexion (Je ne sais pas trop si ça se dit... J'aurais plutôt sorti un médiocre "On top of this", tout simplement ^^), I headed us towards a district of London, certainly considered, but for its poverty. (Je ne suis pas sûre d'avoir compris la fin, tu voulais dire quoi exactement ? xD)

Désolée, j'ai pas l'habitude d'écrire en anglais, ce doit être bourré de fautes.

Dernière édition par MelleFredoune le Jeu 8 Mar - 10:28, édité 2 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 7 Mar - 19:17

Hey !! Génial que tu aies continué *-*
J'ai corrigé les quelques fautes que j'ai trouvées, mais comme j'ai du le dire à Speechless, j'ai contacté ma prof d'anglais qui va peut-être nous donner des contacts anglophones pour qu'ils viennent voir un peu ce qu'on fait par ici (et faire tout le boulot de correction). En tous cas, je suis heureuse que tu aies eu le courage de lire tout le début de l'histoire. Si je comprenais la fin ça me donnerait bien envie de continuer xDD
Petite remarque aussi : en anglais, on colle les "?", "!" et ":" au mot précédent. C'est bizarre mais c'est comme ça.
Bon, j'arrête, j'ai l'impression d'être la rabat-joie qui étale sa science ==".

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 7 Mar - 19:27

C'est une idée très chouette Julie ! J'approuve totalement.
Et bienvenue MelleFredoune, tu fais en effet quelques fautes mais ici personne n'est natif alors tu ne seras pas du tout jugé, ne t'inquiète pas. J'avais aussi commencé à corriger ton texte mais Julie m'a devancé et j'avais fait les mêmes modifs donc c'est parfait n_n
Fred
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Jeu 8 Mar - 10:29

Ah mince Julie, pour les "!" et les "?" c'est que j'écris sur un IPad quand mon frère occupe l'ordinateur et que du coup je mets toujours trois heures à écrire, ce qui me donne pas trop envie de surveiller la ponctuation >< Désolée... Et sinon, la dernière phrase ça veut dire : " je nous dirigeai donc vers un quartier de Londres, certes réputé, mais pour sa pauvreté.", mais à la place de "managed", faut remplacer par "headed" ( ce que je viens de faire ).

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Jeu 8 Mar - 19:58

Je pense que "renowned" serait plus juste dans le sens de ta phrase ^^

Hackney was a place where social misery reigned. Our mother had some friends here, before we'd moved to Leicester, before she'd gave birth to me, before she'd become a notorious alcoholic and a sort of derelict. She'd used to tell me about her amazing life as a londoner, and how much she'd missed it. When we had came to London, 2 years ago, she'd wanted to see her dear old friends again. She had called them and tried to find their adresses. A failure. She had only found 2 numbers of telephone and one adress. One of her friends had died of AIDS. The others had refused to see her. She'd decided to get drunk, to forget this humiliation and surmount the sorrow due to the loss of her friend. Like she had always done. The following day, we were on the road back to Leicester.
Kyna
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 28 Mar - 12:10

Now we were in the street again. Alone. We walked until another street, full of people, shops and restaurants. I couldn't believe that not even one of the all restaurants didn't accept me as a cook or a waitress! So I entered in the first, called "The Traveler", holding Mickey's hand.
"Hello", I said, "I'm looking for a job, don't you need someone for anything?
- I don't know, said the man. Boss!!", he screamed. "A damsel for you!"
A fat man arrived in the room.
"Yeah?
- Hello, hum... I'm looking for a job and I wondered if you would accept me.
- Who is he?" he said shaking the head to Mickey.
"Oh! He's my brother. If you hire me, he must remain here, but you won't hear him, I promise."
He left suddenly the room and came back a minute later. He handed me a twenty pounds bill.
"Find a nice skirt in a shop. Then I'll hire you as a waitress."
I looked at him.
"Come on, you start today, not tomorrow!
- Thank you very much, sir!"
I took the money and Mickey's hand, then we ran, looking for my skirt.

Back to the restaurant, I started to work.

Dernière édition par Anaël le Mar 30 Sep - 22:41, édité 5 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé (c'est génial, mais fais attention aux temps des fois =D !))
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 4 Avr - 19:23

The boss was a nice guy, very confident, and not too curious. You had to do your job, that’s all, and he wouldn’t ask questions. I appreciated his discretion.
The place where I worked was a little brasserie, often crowded. At first, I was a bit shy, and I didn’t try to talk to the four other waiters. But after a few hours, one of them came to me and started talking to me, with a sweet voice. It was a tall man, his blue eyes staring at me like if they wanted to read something hidden in my brain.
"Are you ok?", he said, noticing I was trying to cross the corridor with two huge piles of empty plates.
"No problem", I answered, looking at my feet.

Kyna
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Jeu 5 Avr - 18:31

He smiled and let me work. Now, I was worried about another problem: where were we going to sleep tonight? I decided to ask the boss if he knew a hotel where we could go.

Dernière édition par Anaël le Mar 30 Sep - 22:41, édité 3 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Dim 8 Avr - 19:17

When I came to see him, he was making some calculations. I came near his desk and he looked up at me with his gentle smile.
"Can I do anything for ya?", he said.
"Hum, I just er – wanted to know if you knew some place where my brother and I could sleep."
He blinked. I tried to add something but he interrupted me: "I don’t wanna know where you live, and why you’ve come here. I don’t wanna have any problem about that. But I can’t let you sleep in the street or spend so much money in hotels like that. You know, sweetie... my wife left me a few months ago and I still have a free guest room at home. If you’re interested, you’re always welcome here."
Juste, ce qui serait sympa ce serait que le boss parle souvent avec un langage moins soutenu que la fille, d'où les "wanna" qui s'opposent aux "want to" polis de Jess.
Et deuxième chose, il faudra plus tard trouver une raison pour laquelle le patron est si sympa avec eux. Est-ce qu'il se sent seul et qu'il serait content d'avoir du monde à la maison ? Ou est-ce qu'il y a une raison un peu plus perverse en-dessous ? (sale pédophile)
Dernier détail : j'aimerais bien amplifier la relation entre Jess et ses collègues. Qu'elle se fasse des relations. Pas forcément toujours positives, mais des relations.
Bref, il va se passer plein de choses !! Motivée x)

Dernière édition par Julie le Mer 13 Juin - 16:09, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Lun 9 Avr - 11:14

Ah je suis contente de voir l'histoire remise en route, après un mois tout de même ^^ Je tiens compte de tes suggestions Julie et je poste une suite dans la journée !

I had to make a decision, and quicker as possible. Jim, the boss, was looking for my reaction and Mickey held my hand a bit tighter. Mine were clammy. He turned back to the counter and sighed: "Up to ya!"
I hesitated a few seconds: "It's ok Jim, thank you so much! Don't worry, we will be as discreet as possible, won’t we Mickey?
- Yes, Jess' said so..."
I threw a black look to him and then smiled with my brighter smile to Jim, who didn't even gave me a look. He was occupied with the "bumf" as he liked to call it: "Great kids, you'll settle down tonight but now, it's time to work!"
He threw me a cloth, which in Jim's language meant "COME ON, LAZY YOU!" and returned to his papers. I felt so thankful to have such a kind boss that I cleaned tables cleaner than ever.

Dernière édition par Julie le Mer 13 Juin - 16:11, édité 5 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Lun 9 Avr - 17:40

Hey, j'aime cette suite, et surtout comme tu as fait parler Jim ^^. Y a quelques expression où je me demande si ça se dit, style le "I threw a black look to him" qui sonne très français, mais on s'en fout. Et sinon, un truc que je trouve bizarre, c'est que Jim était au départ à son bureau (dans le message précédent), et tout d'un coup il lave des tables. oO
Anyway, je crois que MelleFredoune voulait répondre =) ?

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Lun 9 Avr - 19:48

Haha désolé j'avais pas fais gaffe qu'il était dans son bureau ! Par contre, malgré le fait que le "black look" sonne très français, c'est bien une expression anglaise utilisée (; Mais peut-être que to glare sonnerai mieux

J'ai modifié la partie où je disais qu'il nettoyait des tables

Dernière édition par Speechless le Mer 11 Avr - 17:58, édité 2 fois
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 11 Avr - 12:36

Ah bon, c'est une expression anglaise ? C'est trop bien ça ! Dans ce cas, garde-le. Glare ça gère aussi, mais au pire on le garde pour plus tard ^^. Du coup on fait quoi pour le "He was occupied cleaning tables", on le vire ?

Fred
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 11 Avr - 13:27

The day after, a man, who had been cooking in this restaurant for a long time, came to me, and asked me my name. He told me that his name was Franck... He seemed rather nice. I asked him why our boss was so, so nice with us, and he answered that this poor men had lost his children in a car accident. I looked him. I was impressed. He seemed so happy, so smiling... Nobody could guess the drama he had undergone.

Dernière édition par Julie le Mer 11 Avr - 18:33, édité 1 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Dim 15 Avr - 23:09

Hm... Who's Next? Kyna ?

Kyna
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 18 Avr - 14:14

I looked back at the man who was talking to me. He seemed to be a nice man too.
"- My son is around your age, how old are you?" he asked.
"- I'm nineteen.
- Oh, you look older, my son is twenty four years old. He is working here on the week end, you'll see him soon. I'm sure you will like him!!" he said, laughing.

Dernière édition par Anaël le Mar 30 Sep - 22:40, édité 4 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Sam 21 Avr - 15:29

"-I bet she will!" said Jim from the other side of the restaurant, with a booming voice.
Both men had an ironic half-smile on their face, which I didn't like at all. Offended and embarrassed, I rushed to the kitchen:
"- Go cooking! Someone need to feel up to work!"

I wasn't here for flirting and I hated Franck and Jim's insinuations. Who did they take me for? I wasn't naive enough to think that a twenty-four years old boy would be interested in a girl like me, in trouble from head to toes, with the responsibility of a younger brother. And anyway, would I be interested? I'm not even sure. I didn't know why but it really got me mad and I didn't feel calmed until I finished my fourth batch of scones.

Dernière édition par Julie le Mer 13 Juin - 16:15, édité 3 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Kyna
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Sam 28 Avr - 19:46

I thought I was alone, but Jim followed me.
Maybe he had seen the expression on my face, because he stopped laughing and said:
"- Come on, lady, smile! You're too serious!
- I'm sorry, I'm tired...", I said.
"- I am too, but I keep smiling."
He took his hand on my face and made me smile with his fingers.

Dernière édition par Anaël le Mar 30 Sep - 22:40, édité 6 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Sam 28 Avr - 20:29

(Kyna, elle vient de quitter la salle du restaurant pour aller en cuisine, pour fuir les deux hommes, il faut que tu les fasses entrer dans la pièce si tu veux les faire parler)
Fred
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Dim 29 Avr - 13:09

Ok, une fois que Kyna les a faits entrer dans la salle, j'y vais, ou c'est toi, ou Julie?

Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Dim 29 Avr - 15:42

(Allez-y, j'ai pas mon fichier sous les yeux là ><)

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Dim 29 Avr - 18:57

Desolee !! c'est rectifie' !
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Sam 12 Mai - 20:29

The days that followed were exhausting. The restaurant was always full and Mickey was in a bad mood. He was complaining all along the day and the smallest incident led to fits of anger which were difficult for me, as a simple elder sister, to calm. I didn't remember seeing my brother having such a behaviour. I knew he missed mummy. His anger was a cry, a call for his mother but I hadn't the patience to undergo this. Fortunately, I received an unexpected and surprising help from a person as unexpected and surprising. It was a friday night...

Pour celles qui ne comprendraient pas le but de la dernière phrase, on arrive au service du week-end donc le fils de Frank doit débarquer (; Je vous laisse enchaîner !
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 30 Mai - 20:39

Oulah j'ai tout corrigé et j'ai envie de m'y remettre moi ! Une question pour savoir si j'ai bien saisi l'ensemble pour la suite (et me remémorer un peu tout ça aussi) :
- Jess et Mickey dorment chez leur boss le soir mais on n'a pas encore de scène qui décrit la maison, c'est ça ?
- le boss a un fils qui s'appelle Frank et doit venir vendredi soir... à la maison ?
- Jess bosse pas pendant le week-end ?
(je crois que c'est tout)

Et sinon je réserve la suite une fois que vous m'aurez répondu <3

Dernière édition par Julie le Mer 13 Juin - 15:58, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Ven 1 Juin - 20:40

ENFIN ! je croyais que tout le monde avait quitté le navire !

-Donc oui, Mickey et Jess dorment bien chez Jim.
-Un ami du boss, franck, à un fils qui n'a pas de nom pour l'instant et qui travaille le week end à la brasserie, c'est là que jess et le fils doivent se rencontrer, ce fameux vendredi soir (jess travaille tous les jours sauf le dimanche et le lundi)

J'attends ta suite (:
Julie
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 13 Juin - 17:04

*____*

Mickey had fallen asleep on the sofa of my boss’ desk. I finished cleaning the last tables, went back in the kitchen, washed my hands, and then went out into the street, in front of the brasserie. Jim was still discussing with one of his employees and he wouldn’t close the restaurant before half an hour. The stars were twinkling in the sky and I listened silently to the melody of the cars. Suddenly, I heard some footsteps coming near me. I looked around at the noise, and a voice raised in the darkness.
"- Are you the famous Jess my father talked about?"
I tried to make out the shadow next to me.
"- It... depends...", I answered, hesitating.
"- It depends? On what?
- Maybe I am, maybe I am not... It depends of what you want from me.
- Oh, well. I understand. Nothing special. You’re kind of strange, for a girl, though."
I didn’t react to the shadow’s comment, still trying to see the face of the person who was talking to me.
"- Who are you?", I asked.
"- My name’s Duncan. I work here on the week-ends.
- You’re Franck’s son?
- Hum – yes." Silence. "- Was that the bad answer?
- No, it’s ok.
- What did he do to you? I know sometimes he can be rather irritating.
- No, no, it doesn’t matter. Never mind."
Silence, again. Then he moved a little and I saw his eyes looking at me in the dim light.

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mar 10 Juil - 22:10

His eyes weren't as dark as his father's. They were rather pale, hazel maybe, I couldn't tell but I liked this shade of brown. Nevertheless, in spite of the depth of his look, something on his face displeased me but I couldn't figure out what and why because all I could see in the darkness of the night were the outlines of his face. He smiled. I thought he had noticed the way I was staring at him.
I felt ridiculous, embarrassed, stupid, awkward, out of breath. And he laughed. A little laugh, from the throat. A little laugh and a big smile. And those eyes. Who were now staring at me. I tried to break the silence:
"- Did Jim tell you that I had a little brother?"
Lame. If I already felt stupid, it was nothing compared to the way I felt after asking this stupid and so damn common question.
"- I'm pretty sure that he mentioned it... Mickey, is that right?"
I looked at him, unbelieving. He didn't seem to find me that stupid. In fact, he didn't even seem to judge me. He was just... having a conversation with me. It was as simple as that, but I had lost the meaning of this word a few time ago. I wasn't used to simple things. I felt like a fish out of the sea and I didn't like it at all.
"-Yes, he's sleeping inside. Moreover, I think I should go to wake him up, it won't take long before we leave with Jim." (Well, that was my secret wish but I wasn't sure that it was so close to reality.)
"- Alright, well it was nice to meet you Jess'. See you tomorrow I guess?
- Yes, see you tomorrow!"
I turned back and rushed in the brasserie, away from those piercing eyes.

Dernière édition par Julie le Jeu 19 Juil - 16:47, édité 1 fois (Raison : Relu et corrigé)
Fred
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mar 30 Oct - 11:48

Bon. Donc. Là. Si j'ai bien compris (je vais enfin prendre la suite, pardon.) il vient de rencontrer le fils du patron, et... elle retourne tout simplement travailler?

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Mer 31 Oct - 12:15

Non, elle retourne dans la brasserie pour récupérer son petit frère et attendre que Jim les emmène chez lui. Mais tu peux faire une petite ellipse et reprendre directement sur la journée du lendemain, comme tu le sens.
Fred
Commandant de Bord

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Dim 7 Déc - 21:10

"Hey Mickey, wake up..."
I was tappinh his hand softly, trying to wake him up softly, to avoid a potential crying spell. After two minutes, he finally opened his eyes and whispered.
"- Mmh... What d'you want?... Let me sleep..."
I rolled my eyes.
"- Come on, we're gonna leave at Jim's soon enough !"
He stretched, yawning, and stood up. During a few seconds, he scaned my face, weirdly.
"-..What?" I asked.
"- Mh, nothing...
- Oh come on !"
Mickey smiled, with a roguish air.
"- I wasn't really sleeping, Jess. I saw Franck's son talking to you and I spied you..." he confessed.
"- Oh seriously !?"
He laughed.
"- So, did you have a crush on him ?
- No.
- I'm sure you did. Did he have a crush on you ?
- No.
- I'm sure he did ! Are going to get married ?
"- Oh come on ! Let's find Jim and stop asking these stupid things."
He smiled.
"- What ?
- You're totally going to get married with him."
Mickey was unbearable, but we hadn't had (? Ça se dit?) any conversations other than "What are we going to eat ?" for days so I let him ask his questions. Jim took us at his house, and Mickey immediatly shut the hell up and fall (fell? Jconnais plus mes irréguliers) asleep.

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: I feel at a loss.   Aujourd'hui à 11:15

I feel at a loss.
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1