LEVEZ L'ENCRE
Welcome Aboard !
Veuillez vous connecter afin de pouvoir embarquer.
LEVEZ L'ENCRE
Welcome Aboard !
Veuillez vous connecter afin de pouvoir embarquer.
LEVEZ L'ENCRE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LEVEZ L'ENCRE

Ateliers d'écriture réservés aux lycéens et +

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à ...
Voir le deal

The Banned and the Banished

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Lyadrielle
Passager
Lyadrielle

Birthday : 08/02/1992
Où suis-je ? : Pas très loin de la lune

The Banned and the Banished Empty
MessageSujet: The Banned and the Banished   The Banned and the Banished Icon_minitime1Dim 28 Avr - 0:22

Hello everyone !

During my week of holiday, I had to do a project in English : it was to write 7 letters or mails with another person about what we wanted to.
With the help of Laure (Eli), we tried to do it and I'm pretty satisfied by the result.
I imagined a strange story in an imaginary world called Ymladris (yes, it comes from LotR ^^).
This country, a very big one, is ruled by Lord Rahl (yes, it comes the legend of the seeker =p).
But, Lord Rahl is not the real king and he keeps a lot of secrets about his life and what he did before becoming king.
This is the basis of the story.

In the beginning of the story, Ymladris is suffering. Strange creatures, coming from the Dark Lands, are killing the population.
Lidar T'l'ahris, a powerful magician and Naltal de Narzil, a great clairvoyant, are sending letters to each other. They try to understand what it's happening. What do they hide ? How will they save and protect the country ? Who was really Lord Rahl ?

Before writing the next part, I will show you what we did with Laure. I played the role of Lidar and Laure was Naltal.

The 10th of februarius, 522

My dear Naltal,

I hope you are fine. I have worried about your health for several days. What about your headaches? As a wizard, I can tell you that they were not natural at all and, as a matter of fact, you have to be careful. Did you see a healer?

Well, here, the peace seems to have disappeared. Do you remember this craftsman who wanted to sell us his great swords, reinforced by weird spells? He has just died in a horrendous way, torn up by demonic creatures coming from the Dark Lands. You can be stunned but that is the truth, I swear.

By the way, I finally bought one of his swords. The one, with the red gemstone on his pommel, and the grip with the word ‘Truth’ engraved on it, was my favorite. You know I am working on a powerful magic spell to protect several coffers in which the ancient power resides. And, guess what? I found the key! Well, as a clairvoyant you may not have grasped something. Don’t be worried: even my colleagues can’t understand me.

Two of my students disappeared. I can hardly believe it. They were with me in the morning and in the afternoon, they were killed. Be careful: the peace we helped to create is over. Even our Lord Rahl is nervous. Can you believe that? It was better when Ymladris was ruled by his father.

I’m looking forward to your answer.

Take care.

Lidar T'l'ahris,
Magician and alchemist at the court

The 15th of februarius, 522

My dear Lidar,

I have just received your letter and I realized it’s been a long time I haven’t written to you. I hope you are alright. Don’t worry about my health; I’m fine, even if my headaches are common. I would like to see some healers but, as you know, I don’t trust anyone but myself and I’m afraid I can’t find anything to ease my pain. I think I am sick of all my visions…

I heard the story of this poor craftsman but I’m not surprised. Let me tell you something… Similar creatures have been discovered in the Fangh forest. But those living there are worse than the other creatures. They might be even more frightening than I think.
Do you think peace is under threat? These creatures might be the cause of all our troubles.

So you bought a sword. Well, at least you can protect yourself if unexpected problems occur. It will be helpful!
I’m glad you found the key to protect the ancient power. We have to keep it as a secret which must not be unveiled, or the regime might be compromised. There are so many things the population doesn’t know!

I’m sorry for your students. Be careful, some others might disappear as well! Could it be a plot ? I heard Lord Rahl had a lot of problems. Obviously something went wrong… But the time has come to change.

Yours sincerely,

Naltal

The 20th of februarius, 522

My dear Naltal,

Thank you for your letter. I was so happy to read your adventures I totally forgot to purify the house - and you know how obsessive can I be regarding this.

I think I found out something that could help you to relieve your pain. The solution is in the book I send to you via this letter. I marked several pages that should be useful. It was one of my grand-mother’s inheritances. She was a fantastic herbalist. I remember when we wandered around the Fangh forest, to pick some splendid and exotic flowers. But, if I believe you – and I do – demonic creatures live now, in these peaceful woods. What a waste.

With my students, we are trying to capture one of those... things, to understand against what kind of being we have to fight. Did you have visions about these creatures? As you told me, it seems that we will have to defeat our dark opponents. Do you think they’re coming from the nether world? Tomorrow, I’ll speak to Lord Rahl and the other magicians to organize a plan of action. The other clairvoyants might be in an awful state too. I really hope this book will clarify your problems.

I didn’t know you were informed about this ancient power. And, again, you’re totally right: this has to be a secret we have to keep. The key works well and she is always with me, protected by her scabbard.

I am investigating and I think this should be a plot against the throne. Someone must know what is hidden... The peace is under threat, that's a fact.

Is your last sentence a prediction?

Take care.

Lidar T'l'ahris,

The 30th of februarius, 522

My dear Lidar,

I have just received your book. I’m very grateful to you for sending me assistance. I’ll take a great care of it because it seems important for you. I have no doubt this book will be useful. I’m confident. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time to have a look at it, but I will do it as soon as possible.
There was a time I walked everyday around the Fangh forest. I used to take a beautiful walk and the quiet nature helped me to clarify my ideas. But this is all gone…

Are you really trying to capture a creature? Please be careful, they are dangerous and highly resistant.
Of course, I had visions. In fact I regularly suffer nightmares and I see things which will happen, inevitably. Two nights ago, I dreamt about demonic creatures and they are even worse than I thought! We have to defeat them quickly!
Please give my best wishes to Lord Rahl. I hope he is fine. I dreamt about him last night and I saw his palace invaded by strange birds. I don’t know how to react… I just hope everything is alright…

Well I am actually delighted. If the key works well, everything is fine. But it’s a great deal of responsibility! I’m sure you’re doing your best, even if you’re taking risks!

If someone knows what is hidden, the throne is under threat as well… Do you think the truth will be established? Things must be protected!

With kindest regards,

Naltal

The 6th of martius, 522

My dear Naltal,

As soon as I saw your prediction, I rushed through the palace to find Lord Rahl. He was surprised and pretty teasing: “Strange birds invading my place? Are you kidding me?”. But when I told him it was coming from you, he became dumb, upset. With the help of my colleagues, I tried to build a magic shield around the castle. We protected the first two levels but we didn’t have time to reinforce the last ones.

They were dark, giant birds and pretty sordid. I could imagine what your nightmares were just by watching these red and terrible eyes. I really hope you’ll find something in the book. Thanks to your prediction we saved many people and I even captured one of these creatures. It was difficult but my powers were powerful enough to weaken their protections. In my next letter, I’ll have more information to give you about these livings coming from the Dark Lands.

The truth… I think someone, aside from us, knows. This person should be very dangerous. Moreover, a strange disease has appeared. Our world is on the decline.

I remember when we took an oath not to disclose these secrets. Were we right? It can cause damages in the region if these confidences were revealed. We could be killed.

I don’t know what to do. I’ll go the library to see if I find something about oaths.

Take care.

Lidar T'l'ahris,

The 13th of martius, 522

My dear Lidar,

I knew Lord Rahl wouldn’t believe you. He’s a bit suspicious when it comes to predictions. I’m glad you protected the castle; there will be less damage.

Now you know how I felt when I saw these birds in my dreams. It was frightening, I was so scared! You know, I’m afraid of my predictions now. Things get worse… I hope I’ll have more information in the days to come, so we can investigate.

Once again, I would like to express my thanks for sending me the book. I took a look at it yesterday and I quickly found solutions to my headaches. I’m almost healed and it feels good!

I would like to see who knows the truth, except us. Maybe I should make a little prediction about it. I hope my visions will help me.
I didn’t know anything about this strange disease… Everything is threatened and I’m afraid we are as well…

I remember our oath and all the secrets. Soon the population will discover the truth and all our lies. They will discover who Lord Rahl really is.
Do you think we should flee? I would like to but I can’t… I am lacking in bravery…

Yours sincerely,

Naltal

The 18th of martius, 522

My dear Naltal,

I'm so glad to read your headaches are fading away. The book was really useful then. Did you see the sheet of paper stuck on the back cover? It is a magic spell I gleaned from another book. I totally forgot to tell you about that. It’s something to help you not to have nightmares. I don’t know if it’ll work.

The castle is entirely safe, now. The strange birds were all killed. It was backbreaking and we lost 2 lives in our side. Do you know if other creatures will come? Thank you again for your help. The damages could have been worst without your prediction. Lord Rahl decided to have a group of clairvoyants at the court to avoid that kind of problems but I don’t trust them. They’re too young and they don’t know what we know. You have more experience and I believe everything coming from your dreams.

I had the opportunity to study one of these birds. I was quite surprised because I found neither a heart nor a brain. Can you believe that? They were already died before we killed them. Someone must control them at a certain distance and we have to find who. It can only be a dark sorcerer.

About the disease, I’m currently trying to find a remedy. What would you advise me to do?

It could be very interesting to know who knows the truth. So we will be able to stop this tragedy before the end of everything.

Fleeing is not the right solution I think. Do we have to protect our secrets or to reveal them?

We know Lord Rahl is illegitimate, as well as his father was. The legends about this family are a great trickery.

Take care and don’t be afraid.
You're not alone.

Lidar T'l'ahris,

The 18th of aprilis, 522

My dear Lidar,

I’m sorry my letter has taken so long but I was trying to investigate and I have some information to share with you.

I saw the sheet of paper you sent me with the book. Your magic spell works well and thanks to you, I don’t have nightmares anymore!

I heard that Lord Rahl is safe, even if he’s anxious and worried about our situation. I don’t know if other creatures will come but, as you know, I am trying to do some research. By the way, I don’t think the clairvoyants are beneficial to Lord Rahl. They could have bad intentions. He shouldn’t trust them…

I’m surprised to learn that those birds are kind of living dead. And guess what? I had a vision yesterday; the demonic creatures invading the Fangh forest are living dead as well. Tomorrow I will try to follow them because I want to see who controls them. I know it’s dangerous but my curiosity guides me.

I reconsidered the problem of disease and I think you should see people affected by this strange epidemic. This illness is not natural at all… Maybe someone cursed the population?

About the truth, I have something to tell you… I dreamed about it. Finally, a community is aware of all the secrets. We have to stop them, or everything will be unveiled!
Maybe I’ll have more information in a couple of days, so I can find a way to take action against them.

Of course, we have to keep our secrets. Remember we took an oath! If we reveal them, we will be killed anyway.

The history of Lord Rahl’s family is indeed a trickery. And God knows the illegal actions they took to grab power!

Yours sincerely,

Naltal

The 22th of aprilis, 522

My dear Naltal,

I’m happy to know you won’t have nightmares anymore. It will be profitable because you need to sleep to have visions.
I took into account your intuitions about the clairvoyants called by Lord Rahl. I told him it wasn’t a good idea to be surrounded by these women. He just can’t reject them now. Politics, you know…

Don’t go alone to the Fangh forest. I’m worrying about your security. You don’t love to fight, by the way so I recommend that you should be accompanied by a forest ranger, just to be sure you won’t have problems. I hope you will find important information about those creatures. They’re very difficult to kill as they’re not alive. Be careful and use your magic spells. At the end of this letter, you will find one of the spells I used to kill the birds.

I agree with you: someone cursed the population. I’ve never seen this illness before. Two young boys died because of it. I tried out my remedy but it doesn’t seem to work very well. The sick persons stay very weak and they have difficulties to breath. I am still trying to find something better.

I think I found this strange community. They’re called: the sisters of the darkness. It is pretty troubling because I heard that their ceremonies included human sacrifices. I really hope you’ll find something.

I’m so worried. I am afraid of being unmasked by these sisters. How do they know what we know? I am sure they want to get revenge for the damages caused by Lord Rahl.

I started to write a book about the truth. That is allowed by the oath. What do you think?

Do you know the worst? I was here when he killed this family. I remember this scene as if it was yesterday. I am also guilty.

Take care.

Lidar T'l'ahris,

The 28th of aprilis, 522

My dear Lidar,

Thanks again for the magic spell. My visions are much clearer now! I’m upset Lord Rahl doesn’t want to reject the clairvoyants; someday I will visit him. I will try to convince him!

I went to the Fangh forest last night, accompanied by one of those forest rangers who patrol the surrounding area. The one I’ve chosen to come with me was determined to get rid of all the demonic creatures. We followed a creature who led us to old ruins. A community was standing there. Then I recognized the sisters of darkness.
I would like to tell you I came back home without any problem but the sisters of darkness saw me. The forest ranger tried to protect me but they captured him. I ran away and used my magic spells to defend myself… I’m safe now, even if I injured myself.
I am so regretful because I couldn’t save the forest ranger. Do you think they will sacrifice him?

We have to stop this illness before it kills all the population but we have to find who the source is. Without it, it seems impossible to heal the others!

I know where the sisters of darkness are… But I can’t stop them alone! Do you think we should ask to Lord Rahl?

The sisters unmasked me and I am as worried as you. I’m afraid of being killed by them, or denounced!
They sure want to revenge… Don’t forget Lord Rahl banished them!

If you want to write a book, I can help you. But this book would be another secret to protect, don’t you think? Or do you want to reveal everything to save us?

I didn’t know you attended the murder of Lord Rahl’s family. But I know they wanted to stop him. Do you know how many people were killed, except his family? A thousand maybe!
I remember the day Lord Rahl asked to wizards to bewitch the population… And we were in…

With kindest regards,

Naltal.

The 4th of maius, 522

My dear Naltal,

I think Lord Rahl would listen to you if you come here. I would be so happy to see you too, my sister. We will use the occasion to celebrate your birthday – I know that I forgot last time, but I won’t forget your birthday anymore, promised.

Okay. You want to drive me crazy. I can’t believe you were unmasked by these sisters. By the Nine Gods, Naltal! If they don’t kill you, I will. Now, I have to protect you. I created a special spell: even at a very long distance, an imperceptible shield will surround you at any time as from now. I hope it will be enough to counter their magic. Now it’s my turn to have nightmares. I am almost sure your friend will be sacrificed. I’ll sing a dirge in honor of him, tonight.

And you’re right: we have to find where they reside to stop everything, including the sickness.

I succeeded in finding where they are too, due to your help. You spell worked well: I could see the map behind your words.

I want everything to be revealed, Naltal. I can’t assume anymore. They were too many deaths, too many sacrifices and too many secrets. He has to pay for all the things he made.

He killed our family and he has to be punished. You know what the only solution is to break our oath, Naltal, and I won’t hesitate.

He murdered our real king, he cursed the population, and he burnt many books just to be sure he won’t be unmasked.

And the worst: he tried to create those living dead creatures and now, they are trying to kill him but I’m sure this is just a plan. He planned everything. When he’ll save the kingdom, he will be legitimate for the population. He will have succeeded.

Take care, Naltal.
Don’t come here, it’s too dangerous.

Lidar T'l'ahris,

The 7th of maius, 522

My dear Lidar,

I would be happy to see you too because it’s been a long time we haven’t seen each other. Maybe I will try to come one of these days!

I feel so guilty. And it feels strange to think that someone is going to be sacrificed by my fault… I think about it constantly. I’d rather be killed by the sisters than living with such thoughts.

Do you think we should kill the sisters or let them destroy the population, including us?

I would like to reveal everything as well but Lord Rahl will kill us! I think we have to take risks and if you want the secrets to be unveiled, I’ll follow you then.

I remember the day he killed our family. I wonder why he didn’t kill us as well… Did he need us to keep his secret? He has to pay, for sure! I’m ready to break my oath if it gives us another chance… What are we waiting for?

But remember; we have to protect ourselves… The next time I will see Lord Rahl I will lose my mind. Do you think I should go and see him? I’d like to kill him!

I don’t know what to do to stop Lord Rahl’s plans… He created his own story because he wanted everyone to believe him… I would like to reveal everything to the population but nobody would believe me!

Yours sincerely,

Naltal

The 27th of maius, 522

My dear Naltal,

When you will receive this letter, I would be certainly dead. Don’t weep. I chose to die and I didn’t suffer. It was the only solution to save everybody, to save us and to save you, my beloved sister, my best friend.

You don’t have to consider it was your fault: he followed you because he believed in you and he wanted to protect our country. He was a brave man. And that’s not your fault. Please, don’t deplore what you did; don’t be too cruel with yourself. You deserve to live and you know that you are an amazing person: always helpful, generous and so humane. And I love you for that.

Two days ago, I discovered I had a son. His mother died a long time ago and he had been raised by some peasants in the countryside, afflicted by the disease. I discovered how to heal them, due to the bird I killed. I got back the dark essence to create the remedy and it was a success! The population is fine, now. Protect my son, please. His name is Nal, the masculine side of your name. That should be a sign. And he is a clairvoyant, the only man I know with this power. I think he is the elected one, the one who will kill Lord Rahl and bring the truth back.

I had a vision when I saw him. It was the first time I had that kind of revelation. And what I saw was incredible. With Nal, you’ll help to recreate a new world, and to allow you to do that, I’ll have to die. My death broke the oath and the temple (hosting the ancient power) is now opened. I gave the key to Nal. The power is in a golden room, inside a small coffer. The oath was also here to close this temple. Now you’ll be able to use the ancient power to kill the sisters of the darkness.

I hope you’ll understand why I decided to die. I hope you’ll forgive me.
Please, write me a last letter: it will be read by Nal. Tell him what you want. I trust you.

Lidar

The 29th of maius, 522

My dear Nal,

When I received your father’s letter, I couldn’t believe him but I knew he was serious. He said I could send you a letter so, here we are.
I know we have never met but maybe Lidar told you about your aunt Naltal.

I don’t know what happened to him but I have a great respect for him because he was courageous, brave and full of good will. And he was my best friend, anyway.

Lidar asked me to protect you. As a matter of fact, I will join you where you are. He said you are the elected one and I need you to help me. We have to kill Lord Rahl. A truth has to be unveiled. I will tell you about it when I’ll see you.
Please take care, I’m coming! Be careful and protect the key your father gave you, so we can use the ancient power to succeed. You’re a clairvoyant, so maybe you’ll have visions which will help us to kill the sisters of the darkness…
Trust me. As I told your father, the time has come to change.

Sincerely yours,

Naltal

Would you like to write the next part ?
If yes, join us in this adventure and we'll find out if Nal and Naltal will be able to protect the kingdom.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Elisheba
Passager
Elisheba

Birthday : 26/09/1996
Où suis-je ? : Dans la kinésphère

MessageSujet: Re: The Banned and the Banished   The Banned and the Banished Icon_minitime1Dim 28 Avr - 12:22

So finally you made it! \o/ <3

I didn't realize we wrote so long! O_o And I remember when you sent me the last letter, I almost cried x)
http://brisechagrin.wordpress.com/
Lyadrielle
Passager
Lyadrielle

MessageSujet: Re: The Banned and the Banished   The Banned and the Banished Icon_minitime1Dim 28 Avr - 13:03

Citation :
I didn't realize we wrote so long! O_o And I remember when you sent me the last letter, I almost cried x)

We did a great job :O Thanks to your help

The last one was pretty sad, I know but this end is just perfect and this is not the end of the story !
Elisheba
Passager
Elisheba

Birthday : 26/09/1996
Où suis-je ? : Dans la kinésphère

MessageSujet: Re: The Banned and the Banished   The Banned and the Banished Icon_minitime1Dim 28 Avr - 13:09

Lyadrielle a écrit:

We did a great job :O Thanks to your help

The last one was pretty sad, I know but this end is just perfect and this is not the end of the story !

Sure! Thanks very much to you!

Yeah, the end is perfect. I couldn't wait to discover it x)
http://brisechagrin.wordpress.com/
Lyadrielle
Passager
Lyadrielle

MessageSujet: Re: The Banned and the Banished   The Banned and the Banished Icon_minitime1Dim 28 Avr - 13:33

Citation :
Yeah, the end is perfect. I couldn't wait to discover it x)

=D ! I'm glad you liked it ^_^
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: The Banned and the Banished   The Banned and the Banished Icon_minitime1

The Banned and the Banished
Page 1 sur 1